Phil Parker (tigertoy) wrote,
Phil Parker

EFRC report: ... so ... tired ...

I've been feeling depressed and not quite 100% the last few days. I went to bed early last night, but I couldn't sleep. I didn't really get to sleep until after 4, and of course the first time I was really comfortably and productively sleeping was 7 AM when my alarm went off. I felt awful. If I feel half that bad on a regular work day, I turn my alarm off and go back to sleep. But I dragged myself out of bed, took a shower, got dressed, and had breakfast. I still felt awful, but I headed off to EFRC anyway. I probably shouldn't have driven, the way I felt. I did not catch myself nodding off at the wheel, and I did not have any problems, but my reactions couldn't have been at their best.

Once I got to EFRC it was a fairly normal day. The weather was cooler than normal for this time of year, which is to say it was uncomfortably warm but not horribly so. It's been relatively dry for a a couple of weeks, so there was not much mud. For reasons I didn't quite understand, we were not doing full cleaning today; we were only collecting the obvious bones, not cleaning up poop. So the feeding and cleaning went fairly quickly. Because I was so tired, I wasn't as aggressive in stepping forward to do things as I try to be, which mean that I didn't do all that much work. But I pushed some wheelbarrows and vitamined some meat and collected some bones and fetched and carried some things and filled some water tanks. Nothing out of the ordinary.

In news at the sanctuary, the Munchkins' new cage is "almost done"; hopefully the big tiger shuffle will have started by my next visit. The leopards that were born two weeks ago are still healthy and with their mother; they are planning on taking them into the house this week, so on my next visit I will probably get to see and photograph the babies. There was a lion in a large transport cage, but he is just there so he can receive medical attention from our vet, and will not be staying -- which is fortunate because we don't have a cage for him.

I saw pretty much all of the cats that I know personally at all, although my favorite tiger was too busy napping to be willing to come up and see me. By the time it was time to leave, I was tired, but a little bit emotionally charged from being with the cats; driving home was not too hard and I didn't have any feeling that I didn't belong on the road. But after cleaning up and having dinner, I am almost too tired to write this report. So I'm going to bed; whatever else I need to do will have to wait for morning.
Tags: cats, efrc
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened